Effective Date: January 1, 2020 | Last Update: October 14, 2022
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
Information You Provide to Us
- Information you provide if you choose to register with us and set up a Modsy account. This information includes your name and email address, and may also include your phone number and physical address as well as billing and payment (credit card) information.
- Photos of your room and related information so that our designers can provide you with our design Services.
- Information you provide in response to a Modsy survey.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with Modsy, including email address, if you contact us for customer support or other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services.
- Your style profile and design preferences.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
Information We Collect Automatically
- Details of your visits to our Services, including the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature of our website.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
- To provide you with notices about your Modsy account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our website and our Services.
- For developing and marketing other services, provided no personal information is disclosed.
- For the management of our relationships and the administration of our Services and business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other legal purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see What Are Your Choices About How We Use And Share Your Information? below.
How Is Your Information Shared?
- To contractors, service providers, aggregators and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Modsy’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Modsy about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To service providers or third parties that use information for internet-based advertising as described in the What Information Do We Collect? section above.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- If you set up a Modsy account, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Modsy, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as described above, we will never provide your personal information to anyone for any purpose under any circumstances.
What Are Your Choices About How We Use And Share Your Information?
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: .
Do Not Track Disclosure
If you prefer that we do not share your name and address with other marketers, please email us at email@example.com.
If you do not wish to have your contact information or user content used by Modsy to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, the email will have an “unsubscribe” feature that will allow you to opt-out of receiving future email distributions.
Marketers and Promotional Offers
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s .
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?